Summary of Role
The successful candidate will work on the ERANET-NEURON funded project AUTONOMIC, coordinated by Pr S. RHEIMS, which investigates in Dravet syndrome
the interplay between the genetically-based neurodevelopmental disorder and effects of recurrent seizures on alteration of vegetative functions and risk of sudden
death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) (https://www.neuron-eranet.eu/projects/AUTONOMIC/).
Using a mouse model of Dravet syndrome, the AUTONOMIC project relies on the combination of in vivo EEG-EKG-respiratory recordings with functional imaging,
immunohistochemical and transcripts analyses targeting the serotonin pathway. The project will include a specific focus on sleep regulation, with the objective to investigate the relation between epilepsy-related autonomic dysfunctions and alterations of arousal regulation in the pathophysiology of SUDEP.
The postdoctoral researcher will be involved in all stages of designing, conducting and analyzing in vivo EEG experiments. She/he will work in closed collaboration with another post-doc fellow, already active in the project, with high expertise in respiratory recordings.
The postdoctoral researcher will be expected to prepare the results for high-quality academic publications, to present at national and international academic
conferences, and to engage in public activities. Furthermore that Research Fellow will take part in the supervision of students.
• The successful candidate(s) must have a Ph.D. in human electrophysiology, cognitive neuroscience, biomedical engineering or an associated area.
• Candidates must be experienced in in vivo EEG data acquisition
• Experience in sleep physiology and/or epilepsy is desirable
• High-level analytical capability
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly
• Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
• Contribute to the planning and organising of the research program and/or specific research project
• Co-ordinate own work with others to avoid conflict or duplication of effort
- Full Time
- 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of 12-month extension
- Starting date December 2022
- Starting net salary: 1900 to 2350€/month depending on past-experience
Contact Information to Applicants:
Pr Sylvain RHEIMS
Professor of Neurology at Lyon 1 University and Hospices Civils de Lyon.
Co-Leader of the TIGER team at CRNL
Lyon’s Neurosciences Research Center (INSERM U1028/CNRS UMR 5292/Lyon 1 University) (https://www.crnl.fr/en?language=en), Lyon, France
Team TIGER (Translational Group in Epilepsy Research, leaders: S. RHEIMS / L. BEZIN)